My journey with SQL Server has been amazing, and let me tell you that this was all because I planned way. This helps as you know where you are going, why, and how. There are no ambiguities and uncertainties in the decision. I don’t rule out that there are no glitches, but those also become predicted. The surprise element is nullified and trust me; no one likes to be surprised in such matters. For instance, if you have opted for a course or training and just half-way through it you do not want to be surprised and find out that it is quite irrelevant to your cause. Isn’t it!
Now, if you have made your mind to learn SQL, then the best way forward is to chart out the whole course. The first decision you have to make is to know why you want to get to the line chosen? Confused? Well, don’t be. Here I have outlined the basic reasons and the things you will need to know to bag yourself a job in SQL. Of course, you have to prepare for the interview and these days; these employers do not want to take in people without experience. In the case of a DBA, this hurdle will become the biggest going forward. But, take heart and stay put. It takes time but happens. Let us address the main pain-point next.
Why Do You Need to Learn SQL?
- Easy to Learn: SQL is relatively easy to learn as it is query language and not a programming language. It was created to give the common people a new avenue to deal with databases. Most DB engines find their compatibility with the SQL code. It is also seen that database administrators in SQL get very good salaries across the world. An average SQL developer in the US gets a salary of $84,245 a year, and this is not the end. As you will rise higher in the hierarchy, the salary will increase.
- Data Mining: The knowledge of SQL enables you to mine data with improved efficiency. By making use of basic queries, identification of particular data becomes possible. Even you can view all the updated events and monitoring of the table events, etc. For all of you who are into data administration, they will understand that this is a great reason for all to proceed. SQL is the preferred language of web and desktop developers, system admins and other kinds of data scientists.
- High Demand: SQL is in great demand, and this is going to stay for times to come. It is not hard to imagine as you can see the amount of growth in technology and databases that is happening around you. There is an apparent increase in the online sphere as most of the businesses of the world are shifting online. Going further there will be an increased demand for SQL professionals. Many jobs posting websites have stated that there will be an increase in demand for SQL professionals going further. It is said that there are nearly 149,124 developer jobs in all of which 105,146 jobs of SQL alone. Employers are increasing listing SQL as a desired skill.
- Data Manipulation: You cannot match the data manipulation skills of SQL. This enables you to see exactly how much data is needed and how can it be used. Data testing becomes easy as the data is stored in SQL is highly dynamic that means that it can be highly modified and can be manipulated at any time by using some queries.
- Manage Large Data Pools: SQL is an efficient way to manage large pools of data as it equipped to manage very large data-pools and can handle 100-1000 million records of data at a time.
- Servers and Databases: For all those who want to manage servers and even create your server, SQL becomes highly handy. The SQL Server is being used by many businesses to store and manage data. Data navigation becomes easy through the huge sets of unstructured data.
- Use in Multiple Professions: SQL can be used by a huge variety of professionals across the world.
- Product Managers: They can use to know deeper about the product by themselves. Data can speak volumes about the real health of the product. Knowledge of SQL helps them gauge the above more effectively.
- Data Analytics and Scientists: The popularity of relational databases makes data analysis highly essential. It also helps the data scientists in getting more deeper understanding of the data. This also holds good for the ones who are involved in data engineering.
- Back-end/Front-end Developers: Backend developers have their job responsibilities similar to the data engineers in case of managing the databases. Also, in the case of the frontend developers, although there was no direct role of SQL but with the advent of the Anugular.js and React.js, and other frameworks that operate on single-page applications, the interaction with the databases becomes more pronounced.
- Mobile App Developers: The increasing use of mobile apps has raised these professionals to prominence. It is now surprising to see a mobile app developer who does not have the requisite knowledge of SQLite. Latter is basically a database that has been in wide use in Android development for over 20 years. This draws its power from SQL.
- Marketers: Yes, even marketers nowadays are better placed if they have appropriate knowledge about SQL. It not only allows us to serve better results by getting a deeper understanding of the analytics and other metrics.
SQL now finds its use in many verticals. It is a highly futuristic profile and trusts me ever since I made my decision to be a SQL developer; there has been no looking back. I have seen hard times, long working hours, taxing projects but also have seen growth and my favorite part an apparent rise in my salary. After this, every struggle and every minute I spent slogging on it looks more meaningful. Learning SQL is going to be essential for multiple professions in the coming time and if you are looking at a job that lasts, then you should definitely take up the certification. We offers you the best training in SQL. All I’ll say is that think well and think hard but chart out your future course of action well. Also, do remember to share your journey with us.