Find out the best tips to maintain and monitor your IT network, reduce business costs and protect your business from unexpected cyber-attacks.
“Once a new technology rolls over you if you’re not part of the steamroller, you’re part of the road.” – Stewart Brand.
The technological age needs businesses to be in tandem with it. If they lag behind, they are left behind. To make sure that doesn’t happen, businesses require the assistance of firms offering managed IT services.
Let us discover why that is necessary.
Managed IT services explained
Companies providing managed IT services (also known as white label services) allow businesses to use their services or products under their brand name. White label firms do not claim ownership for those services but provide their clients with the required workforce.
Why do businesses need managed IT services?
Big organizations are very much capable of supporting and handling their IT networks. They have built the required infrastructure for it over their many years of functioning.
But what about the small businesses? Those startups? The ones who dream of business expansion but are afraid of dividing up their staff?
Managed service providers (MSPs) are a perfect choice.
Here is the logic behind it:
- Decrease in staff burden – Outsourcing the IT demands of your business to another company reduces the load on your employees.
They are now equipped to use their time on integral business matters, which utilize their technical expertise to the maximum.
- Leverage low-cost services – No one likes to spend more than they should. For businesses, this is especially important as every investment is crucial and meticulous.
If managed IT service providers deliver better services at a reduced cost than what was allocated for an in-house team, there is no reason for companies not to opt for outsourcing.
- Higher productivity and efficiency – Delegating day-to-day tasks to an external IT team increases your business efficiency.
Your staff is no longer stressed from frustration and can focus on crucial company matters. In addition, the training to be given to new employees is taken care of by the MSP.
The overall productivity is also boosted when the core team is not sidetracked due to minor issues.
- Enterprise-level security – Small businesses and startups mostly do not have the required tools to protect their networks from data breaches.
The team of cyber security experts at a white label IT firm furnish businesses with advanced security solutions that help them protect the precious business data from cyber-threats and spiteful internal agents.
- Choices – This is a vital benefit of white-label IT agencies. Businesses can opt for other service providers if they feel the services of the current partner is not up to par.
Since such companies provide services under different pricing plans, businesses can choose what suits them the most.
We now have an idea about why the services offered by MSPs are worthwhile. It’s time to see what services they cover under their umbrella.
- Offerings by MSPs
A whole lot of IT needs are taken care of by the team of specialists in a white label IT firm. Mentioned below are some of the pressing ones:
1. SOC services – The security operations center (SOC) is the security watchdog that never sleeps. Since threats can strike any moment, the SOC crew constantly monitors the hardware and software resources to detect and respond to attacks, and deploy a proactive approach to prevent future attacks.
2. NOC services – Networks are those arteries of a business through which data flows like blood. This signifies the importance of keeping the company network running at optimum performance.
Network operations center (NOC) services offer just that with consistent monitoring and remediation of network issues.
3. Help desk services – Not every customer issue requires a top-level engineer for resolution. However, it does need an expert in the domain of the problems that everyday customers face.
Professional help desk services help resolve customer issues quickly and effectively to increase customer satisfaction and enhance company reputation.
4. Cloud services – With the majority of the world shifting to digital technologies after the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an unprecedented need for data storage for businesses.
Cloud computing services come in handy in this situation. MSPs provide expandable cloud services built with utmost security to ensure the highest level of data protection.
5. Compliance – Every business is governed by rules and regulations – it’s own but, more importantly, the regulations and guidelines laid down by the government.
White label firms are aware of the latest regulations and implement them in your IT infrastructure to ensure compliance.
6. Backup and disaster recovery – Despite all the best efforts on everybody’s part, there is always a chance of system crashes and network failures.
Managed IT agencies make it a point to incorporate backups and redundancies in your network so that no data is lost during a disaster or outage.
We have thus far answered the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of managed IT services. But there remains one question unanswered – who.
For that question, I prefer Single Point of Contact.
Their team comprises professionals who have extensive experience in the IT field and are ready to provide 24-7 IT support for all small and medium businesses.
Serving customers since 1999, Single Point of Contact provides affordable white label IT solutions that include remote as well as on-site support. They employ industry-proven methodologies to deliver personalized service to their clients.
If you ask me about the best managed IT service provider, I’ll say Single Point of Contact. If you ask others, they’ll probably say the same.