NSF also stands for Note Storage Service, which stores note information such as user emails, layout information, appointments, metadata, calendar entries, contacts, and attachments, etc. in binary form. These databases can commonly be downloaded by IBM Lotus Domino servers. Most companies rely on Lotus Notes for advanced business functions.
Many users want to convert NSF file format to PST for various reasons. Users cannot access NSF files directly in Outlook. Here we will tell about the beneficial and reliable tool so that users do not have to face troubles and users can easily convert NSF files of Lotus Notes to PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, etc. file format.
Why Users Need to Convert NSF Files Into PST File format
- Outlook is an expensive service provider, so users change the NSF file to PST.file format.
- Users can set up a lot of accounts simultaneously, which saves users time.
- When there is a condition of switching jobs, then users need to convert the NSF files into PST File format.
- Another reason is the Lotus Notes is less user-friendly.
- In case, changing business terms and market trends, the owner needs to change NSF data into PST format.
Manual approach to convert NSF to PST File format
When it comes to the manual approach to convert NSF files to PST file format then there are two steps which are explained below.
Step 1– Export NSF Files To CSV File
Step 2– Import CSV File into Outlook
Step 1 – Export NSF Files To CSV Files
- First, Browse the NSF file you want to convert and click on the Open button.
- Then, click on the “Export” button to export NSF files.
- After exporting the files in Dialogue Box, enter the information such as file name, file location, and type of file.
- Now Choose the comma-separated value then the CSV export option will pop up.
- Click on the OK button after selecting a required option from first the dialogue box.
- Now, the exported data has been saved in the CSV Format
Step 2 – Import CSV File into Outlook
- First, open an Outlook account on your system.
- Now, select the options File menu>>Open & Export>>Import/Export.
- After that, choose the required file format that you need to convert and click on the Next button.
- In this step, Select the comma-separated value and click on the Next button.
- Now, select the CSV file which was previously created as a step first and click on the ‘Next’
- Select the folder name in Outlook and click on the ‘Next’
- At last, select the checkbox in the “Import a file” option and click on the “Finish”.
Drawbacks of manual approach
Even if, manual methods are cost-effective, but it takes a lot of time, due to which the users have to face a lot of problems. Here, some drawbacks which appear in the manual methods are mentioned below
- The first and common issue is this method takes more time.
- The tedious and complicated approach only technical users can approach.
- Manual errors may occur in this approach.
- The file may be corrupt during the process.
- Major Data loss can occur.
- Batch conversion can not be possible only one file conversion at once.
Professional Method Convert NSF files Into PST File Format
To get out of the hassles of manual methods, users want to use professional methods. There are a lot of problems with manual methods like time-consuming problems and data error so on. That is why users always find easy methods so that their work can be done easily and time can also be saved. Therefore, The professional NSF Converter Tool provides users to save IBM Lotus Notes contacts in CSV and PST files and converts NSF files of Lotus Notes into PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, etc. file format And also converts NSF files into several email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, IMAP Server, AOL, etc.
Here, we discussed both manual and technical methods so that we came to know about the advantages and disadvantages of both methods. where we showed how difficult it is to get the solution from a manual method whereas users can get the solution easily from the technical method to convert NSF files into PST file format. This is really a time-saving method that many users like to use for their work. Therefore, Users always prefer to use beneficial and reliable tools when it comes to easy solutions.