Aadhar card is 12 digits unique identity number that can be obtained by a resident of India, which is based on the biometric and demographic data. This number is provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
In these days, aadhar card is mandatory in India as an identity of that person. This document is very helpful in many schemes, in banks, and in many other places.
How to apply for aadhar?
To apply for an aadhar card, you have to visit your nearest enrolment center (like the post office and some banks) and fill aadhar enrolment form correctly.
After filling aadhar enrolment form, you have to submit the form to enrolment center. You will get enrolment slip or acknowledgment slip which contains enrolment number. This enrolment number is used to check aadhar status.
Check aadhar card status by enrolment number
Follow these steps to check the status by aadhar enrolment number:
- Visit the official UIDAI site.
- Click on ‘check aadhar status’ link in the “Get aadhar” section.
- Fill the details and fill the captcha (enrolment number and date are given into the enrolment slip).
- Hit the “Check Status” button. You will get your aadhar status on screen.
You will see the option to download aadhar, Once your aadhar will get generated.
Check aadhar card status without enrolment number
Have you Lost or misplaced your acknowledgment slip?
If yes, don’t worry!
Still, you can check your aadhar card status by name.
First, you have to retrieve your acknowledgment slip. After then you can check status.
You can follow these steps to retrieve your acknowledgment slip:
- Visit “UIDAI” official portal.
- Then click on “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID”.
- Fill all details and click on the “Submit” button.
You will get your lost enrolment number with date and time; by which you can check aadhar card status.
check aadhar card address update status by aadhar number and URN?
You can check your aadhar card status by this method after done your enrolment process.
- Go to UIDAI portal.
- Then click on “check online address update status” in update aadhar section
- Fill your details like aadhar number, URN Or SRN number and captcha security code.
- Hit the “Check Status” button.
By this method, you can check aadhar update status easily.
You will get an option to download your aadhar card after your aadhar updation process done.
How to check aadhar card status by SMS offline?
Don’t have pc or internet connection? Don’t worry! You can still check your status.
follow these steps to check aadhar card status by SMS:
- Type this message “UID STATUS<type your enrolment number>” and send this SMS to 51969 number.
- If your aadhar card is generated you will receive aadhar card number on your registered mobile.
- In case, if aadhar card is not generated you will receive a message with an update status.
By this method you can check aadhar card status offline by sending SMS.
Aadhar Helpline number
If you don’t have any laptop, pc or any internet connection you can still check your aadhar card status in an easy way, you have to just dial an aadhar toll-free number.
This is one of the easiest way as per my view. Right?
You have to dial a toll-free number 1947 and ask the call executive about your aadhar card status. They will provide all the information related to your aadhar card.