Our teeth are our most precious assets that need enough attention and appropriate care from the early age. In fact, many of us prefer esthetic alternatives over orthodontic therapies maintaining a beautiful smile. But these days, porcelain laminate veneers are being widely used for this purpose as it follows a combined approach powered by the synergy of both. It helps in the esthetic restoration of the teeth, which need morphologic modifications in terms of color, contour, shape, size, volume, positioning, and loss of structure. If you are seeking a feasible solution for your unsightly teeth, opting for porcelain veneers for teeth in Chinowill be a great idea. But why should you consider them as an esthetic therapeutic alternative? Are they really worthy and effective? To get the answers, you have to explore porcelain veneers in-depth.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, also known as porcelain laminate veneers or dental veneers, are one of the most sought-after concepts in today’s dentistry. They are basically laboratory-fabricated wafer-thin shells made of glazed porcelain (or other tooth-colored materials like resin composite), which are bonded to the front surfaces of the affected teeth in order to improve their appearance. Being the most time-honored esthetic material in dentistry, porcelain offers biocompatibility with gingival tissues, abrasion resistance, stain resistance, relative thinness, color stability, greater surface texture, a better reflection of light, and attractive predictable results. The advanced adhesive technology used for its bonding also ensures the optimal preservation of the tooth structure along with anatomic accuracy, precise fit, and longevity. Hence, porcelain veneers are regarded as a perfect substitute for traditional esthetic procedures.
What are the Uses of Porcelain Veneers?
The biggest use of porcelain veneers is to satisfy the restorative needs of a dental patient while taking care of his or her esthetic desires. Strategic use of them can re-establish the balance of the smile of a person by:
• Rectifying the misalignment of teeth
• Eliminating surface unevenness and shape irregularities
• Closing the gaps between the teeth
• Correcting the teeth that are chipped, broken, and/or damaged
• Fixing the discoloration caused by excessive fluoride, large resin fillings, drug-induced stains, or root canal treatment
Steps Involved in the Veneering Process
The process of veneering involves only a few simple steps, which are applicable to a single tooth or multiple teeth simultaneously. These include:
1. Diagnosis and Planning: You should let your dentist know everything you are trying to achieve from this process during your very first appointment itself. He or she examines your teeth and takes their X-rays to evaluate your candidature for veneering and discusses the entire procedure with you along with pros and cons in order to make you aware of it.
2. Preparation of Teeth: On the second day of consultation, your ‘target teeth’ are prepared by reshaping their surfaces. Typically, a local anesthetic is used to numb the gum area and the required amount of enamel is trimmed off the teeth surfaces. Also, your dentist takes an impression of your teeth and sends it to the laboratory for the construction of your veneers. Depending on the appearance of your teeth, you may need to use temporary veneers for 2-4 weeks until the permanent veneers are available.
3. Bonding of Veneers: Once the permanent veneers are ready, your dentist checks multiple times and adjusts their fit and color as necessary. He or she cleans, polishes, and etches your teeth and applies dental cement to the veneers in order to facilitate a strong bonding. After that, they are positioned on the teeth properly and a special curing light beam is applied to the cement so that the chemicals in it get activated, causing it to harden fast. The dentist may also assess your bite and make the final adjustments by removing the extra cement, if any.
How Do Veneers Substitute Esthetic Treatments?
Finally, here is a quick recap of how porcelain veneers can benefit you by working as an ideal substitute of esthetic treatments:
• A swift and painless procedure with minimal aftercare
• Uses porcelain that is highly compatible with gum tissues
• Offers customized solutions in terms of color, shape, and size of teeth
• Restores the beautiful smile with a natural appearance
• Turns the teeth whiter and stain-resistant
• Provides stronger and healthier teeth
• Lasts for a considerably long period of 7-15 years
The versatile solution, indeed, makes both restoring your teeth and transforming your smile easy. Just go for porcelain veneers for teeth in Chino and the result will speak for itself!