Hair transplants are a blessing to those who have been looking for hair regrowth solutions. Every second or third person on this earth is facing hair problems that account for partial hair loss or baldness. To counter this problem, they take the assistance of processes like hair transplantation.
To combat partial hair loss or baldness, one must be aware of all the sides of the treatments. Here are some points about the treatments that would be considered in moving forward with it or not.
What is Hair Transplantation?
The process of extracting hair follicles from a sufficient hair-containing area on the body and then attaching them to a bald area is called Hair Transplantation. This entire process either operates on the follicles or on the hair found on the other body parts.
As per the number of strands used in the process, there are two types of hair transplantation: slit grafts that use 4 to 10 hair strands per graft and micrograft that uses 1 to 2 hair strands per graft.
Ideal candidates for hair transplantation
Before actually undergoing any type of chemical surgery involving surgical treatment, one must ensure if he or she is truly a qualified candidate for that procedure. For hair transplantation, the mandatory conditions are:
- The people suffering from any instance of hair scalp injury or burns
- People with thinning hair or the signs of hair losing hair at fast pace
- Specially males with signs of partial baldness into complete baldness
Ironically, the signs given below must be observed by the people for not being the ideal candidates for this surgery:
- The candidates with uneven hair loss throughout the scalp
- People having less than enough donor sites on the body that makes it impossible to proceed with hair transplantation
- People with injury marks remaining from any last surgery performed or the marks from burns
- Lastly, the people who have been suffering from hair loss due to serious treatment like chemotherapy
Keep in mind the criteria for being the right candidate for hair transplantation surgery and avoid the risk of complications.
Side effects of hair transplantation
There are some side effects of hair transplantation that one must be aware of. From mild to severe, these side effects are seen in most of the patients in a vast range. These side effects or complications are given below:
- Bleeding from the scalp area
- Infection on the scalp from any of the chemicals used in the surgery
- Swelling of the affected area around the scalp
- Bruising is common around the eyes of the patient
- Itching and redness of the scalp that may worsen due to itching with hand
- Numbness in the area of performance surgery or lack of sensation to anything happening in the scalp
- Folliculitis or the condition of inflammation or burning of the follicles after some days of the surgery
- Uneven and unnatural looking hair tufts
Dealing with side effects after hair transplantation
The recovery after seeing and experiencing the side effects of the hair transplantation of the surgery is possible with a combination of the home remedies as well as the implementation of the doctor’s instructions. However, these are some of the instructions that might represent the treatment:
- Avoid the consumption of drugs, restricted medications, alcohol, or any such tablet without or against the prescription of your doctor.
- Avoid washing hair without asking your doctor.
- Follow the prescription and the supportive medications.
- Don’t get involved in any physical activity that might enhance the heartbeat or pulse rate.
- The most frequently observed recovery duration after surgery is three to four weeks, so keep in touch, mandatorily, with the doctor for that period.
Which season is best for undergoing a hair transplantation surgery?
Although there are many factors for deciding or restricting whether to take a particular surgery or not, winter is the best season for it. The preference is being given to the winter season due to the following reasons:
- During winter, the scalp is free of sweat and other secretions, which might ruin the treatment.
- Since people are mostly outdoors during the winter season, the chances of getting affected by pollution are less.
- It gives sufficient time for the hair to grow until summers arrive.
- The patients who have undergone hair transplantation can hide the disguise after the hair transplantation in a hat or woolen clothing.
Hair transplantation might be a straw for drowning. In simple words, the blessing of hair transplantation comes with certain side effects, which can be avoided with the consultation of a doctor. However, with some knowledge of this surgery, it is also possible to decode the need. One of those factors is the best season. Contact hair transplant clinic in Dubai for prevention of the side effects caused due to wrong selection of time.