Childbirth is a significant event and lifetime moment in the lives of new moms and their families. Pregnancy and delivery are, for the most part, good events for both women and their newborns. Pregnancy and delivery are so routine that they are often overlooked in society and on political and health agendas. We have merely assumed that appropriate maternity care is readily available for women and families throughout the transition from pregnancy through delivery, nursing, and parenting since it is such a regular part of life. Finding the right maternity care option can be difficult for the newly-to-be mom and her family. Various pregnant women seek help from Family doctors that offer fewer maternity services, particularly during labor and delivery. In certain areas, even normal prenatal care is challenging to come by.
Prenatal (before birth) and postpartum (after delivery) healthcare for pregnant women make up pregnancy care. It entails treatments and training to ensure that mom and baby have a healthy pregnancy, birth, and delivery. Because the prospective mother’s diet and her capacity to avoid unwanted pregnancies impact her health when she arrives at pregnancy, good maternity care begins even before pregnancy.
Need of medical care during pregnancy – It’s critical to keep regular check-ups with your healthcare provider during your pregnancy to guarantee your baby’s health. You may track your baby’s development by seeing your healthcare practitioner regularly. Prenatal appointments also provide you and your family the opportunity to discuss any questions or concerns you have about your pregnancy, delivery, or parenthood with your healthcare professional. These appointments also make sure what precautions and healthy diet include for both mother and child. At each meeting, most healthcare practitioners will welcome your partner, as well as any interested family members.
If it is required, sometimes, a doctor may also perform genetic screening to examine whether the woman and her partner are at increased risk of having a baby with a hereditary genetic disorder. The doctor may also inquire about the woman’s current and prior medical conditions, medications she has used, and facts on past pregnancies, including issues such as diabetes, miscarriages, and birth deformities. Many physicians ask women about domestic violence regularly, whether they are being mistreated psychologically, physically, or sexually by someone they live with.
During pregnancy, the first physical check-up is quite comprehensive.
It contains the following items:
- Weight, height, and blood pressure are all examined to detect any abnormality.
- Ankles are examined for edema.
- Examining the Pelvis: During this examination, the doctor takes note of the uterus’ size and location.
- A sample of blood is obtained and examined in blood testing. A complete blood cell count, testing for infectious disorders (such as syphilis, hepatitis, and HIV), and testing for signs of rubella and chickenpox immunity are also part of the process (varicella). Blood type is identified, as well as Rh factor status (positive or negative).
- Urine tests involve taking a sample of urine and analyzing it.
- A version of the Papanicolaou (Pap) test: Tissue samples from the cervix are obtained to assess cervical cancer.
- Test for sexually transmitted diseases: A sample of cervical tissue is collected immediately after the Pap test to check for sexually transmitted illnesses, including gonorrhea and chlamydial infection.
- Depending on the woman’s circumstance, more tests may be performed. Some women’s thyroid hormone levels may be tested (such as those who have had a thyroid disorder, diabetes, infertility, or miscarriage).
A hospital that ensures the best maternity care in Mumbai: Jaslok Hospital Mumbai, a multi-specialty hospital, is recognized for providing the finest possible medical treatment to all patients, regardless of their social background or financial situation, employing cutting-edge technology. Jaslok hospital and research center ensure the safest childbirth and prenatal care. The hospital offers a blend of medical brilliance and individualized care for all the patients. Few other qualities make the Jaslok hospital and research center is the best maternity hospital in Mumbai, that include –
- The convenience of patients is ensured by 24-hour pharmacy, airport pick-up, ambulance, and lodging services.
- Intensive care units (ICUs), occupational therapy (OT), an in-house laboratory, and recreational amenities
- Rehabilitation activities are available to help patients recover quickly.
We help you choose or book an appointment with the best maternity doctor and hospital anywhere in India. Through online and teleconsultation, you may speak with a doctor about a patient’s overall health during pregnancy. In addition to pricing comparisons, second views, and booking discounts & various other services.