Winter is the perfect season to flaunt the trendy collection of jackets, scarves, and boots. It is also the season of celebrations, weddings and parties. But when it comes to skin, itchy and dry skin and cracked lips are some of the downsides of the season, hard to ignore. If you face these skin troubles every winter, we are sharing some of the best winter skincare tips that will make your skin supple and glowing.
Tips to Keep Skin Soft and Glowing In Winter
1. Follow Face Care Regimen: Who wants to wash the face with cold water during winters? Nobody! Actually, no need to be. Make it a practice to wash the face with lukewarm water in the winters. In this manner, you are not allowing the natural oils to wipe off from your face naturally. Try to wash the minimum two times in a day and moisturize it quickly. Choose the right moisturizer as per your skin types. For instance, if you have oily skin, go for oil-free moisturizer containing glycerin. On the other hand, a moisturizer containing lactic acid and mineral oils is ideal for dry skin. You can even dab some virgin organic coconut oil as it has natural antioxidant properties that help in keeping the skin young and beautiful.
2. Avoid Hot Showers: During the winter season, hot showers are quite relaxing, but it makes the skin flaky and dry by stealing natural oils. The effects are quite evident if you have sensitive skin. Thus, if possible, avoid hot showers during the cold months and even if you take hot showers, moisturize the skin right after.
3. Exfoliate Carefully: Another skincare tip is exfoliating the skin regularly but not overdo it. Skin exfoliation helps in removing dead skin cells caused due to dirt, pollution and many other causes. Therefore, choose the right exfoliating mask as per your skin type. Apply it on the hands, face as well as on your lips. After removing the mask, make it a point to moisturize the skin immediately to see the visible difference. Because skin already becomes dull during winters, therefore exfoliating it once in a week is enough to aid the skin regeneration process.
4. Do not Forget Sunscreen: If you think that sunscreen is not a necessity during the winter season, you are actually committing a sin. Regardless of the season, sunblock acts as a lifesaver as it prevents premature aging and protects the skin from harsh UV rays. Pick a Ciel Sunscreen with a minimum of 30 SPF. Apply it half an hour before stepping outside and reapply it after 3 to 4 hours.
5. Stay Hydrated: One of the most overlooked skin winter skincare tips is staying hydrated. As the winter approaches, people consume less water. Drinking less water or staying less hydrated actually takes a toll on the skin. Thus, it is essential to consume a minimum of 8 glasses of water every day for glowing skin. Water can be consumed in a soup form or by consuming those vegetables and fruits that have high water content.
6. Eat Right to Look Bright: Consuming fruits is the best way to rejuvenate the skin in the most inexpensive manner. Eating the right portions of fruits like watermelon, banana, oranges, apples, kiwi, etc., is the natural way to remove toxins or chemicals from the body and makes it healthy and glowing.
7. Do Not Forget Hands: We need to wash our hands multiple times especially if we are doing any household chores. Every time, we lose moisture on repeating hand washing. And during winters the skin tends to become flaky quickly. Thus, take the ideal care of your hands along with facial skin by moisturizing it frequently.
8. Invest in a Humidifier: If possible, invest in a good humidifier and install it in your bedroom. The dryness of the skin is easy to reduce by using a humidifier and thus when a person wakes up in the morning, s/he will experience less patchy skin.
9. Enjoy 8 hours of Sleep: Nighttime is the best time for skin rejuvenation. If you want healthy and glowing skin during winters, follow this one basic skincare tip: sleeping minimum 7 to 8 hours in a day. Moreover, pamper your skin by applying deep moisturizer so that you will experience supple skin in the morning.
10. Say Yes to Yoga: Yoga increases blood circulation and flushes out toxins from the body. Thus, when a person practices yoga, skin gets nourishment and that actually brings a glow on the face.
Follow these winter skincare tips diligently and getting a glowing and beautiful skin during winters will no more remain a distant dream. If you are still not able to get the desired results, do not make a delay in fixing an appointment with a skincare experts.