Ayurveda is an old holistic approach to managing PCOS. Ayurveda has several PCOS treatments. Lifestyle changes, Ayurveda herbs, and therapies are part of the ayurvedic treatment for PCOS. Ayurveda Practitioner helps to know the root cause of the PCOS that helps the women with the best ayurvedic treatment.
What is PCOS?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a hormonal disorder problem, affecting one in ten women globally, and its growing day by day. The imbalance of hormones creates problems in the ovaries and causes infertility. Women suffering from PCOS have small collections of fluids called follicles.
Common Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
1. Irregular Period: Women with PCOS tend to have a lesser period than normal or healthy women. They might get only 8 or less than 8 periods per year or in some cases, it is also seen that women do not have periods at all. So women facing irregular periods problems should get better Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS soon.
2. Excess Androgen: Overproduction of androgens is a condition in which ovaries produce too much testosterone. Excess reproduction of androgens may result in physical signs like excess facial hair, acne, and male-type baldness.
3. Hair Growth: The excess hair growth on the face and body can be seen in women suffering from PCOS. In medical terms, this excess hair growth is known as “Hirsutism”.
4. Weight Gain: It is observed that 80% of women with PCOS are overweight. Women suffering from PCOS can see sudden weight growth among them, especially around the belly.
5. Genetics: If a mother suffers from PCOS, then chances are there that her child is also infected with the PCOS disease.
6. Polycystic Ovaries: Women’s ovaries might get enlarged and contains the follicles that surround the eggs which result in improper functioning of the ovaries.
7. Acne: PCOS releases excess male hormones that make the skin oily and produces acne on the face.
8. Infertility: If the woman does not ovulate, she cannot get pregnant. PCOS leads to infertility among women but today it’s a very common and best Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS at the right time help to cure PCOS.
Major Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS
Well, Ayurveda has lots of beneficial ayurvedic treatments for PCOS. All the treatments are very effective and have proven results. Some of the ayurvedic treatments for PCOS are as follows:
Panchakarma Therapy for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
We all know the importance of Panchakarma therapy for our bodies. Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word and it means 5 remedies that help to cleanse or detoxify the body. Panchakarma theory also boosts the ovaries, fallopian tubes, female vagina, and male testis which helps the women to conceive easily.
The 5 Panchakarma therapy ayurvedic treatment for PCOS includes:-
Vasti: Vasti is one of the most effective methods to cure PCOS. Vasti cleanses the reproductive system because of its effect on the uterus and ovaries. This treatment helps to dissolve the cysts and flush out all the toxins from the women’s bodies.
Virechana: Virechana is another panchakarma detoxification method. It involves the removal of toxins by inducing purgation. Virechana is very effective in obesity, irregular periods, and other symptoms that cause PCOS.
Vamana: Vamana is a Panchakarma cleansing method that involves the removal of toxins by inducing emesis. In this method, the toxins are removed from the body via vomiting. Vamana is used to balance hormones and it also boosts fertility.
Udvartana: Udvartana treatment involves the herbal-based dry powder massage to the entire body. This helps to detoxify the skin by boosting blood circulation all over the body. Acne is also removed by this therapy and it is also very helpful for fat loss.
Nasya: In Ayurveda, Nasya is also considered the most effective panchakarma therapy for treating PCOS. In this treatment, ayurvedic herbs are blown into the nose. It works on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis and thus helps to treat PCOS.
Herbs are very important in ayurvedic treatment for PCOS. Ayurveda is all about herbs and each herb has its importance. Some of the herbs that are used to treat PCOS are as follows:
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha Herb helps to release stress levels and nourishes the endocrine system that helps to balance the hormones.
Turmeric: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce androgen production and thus cure PCOS.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon has antioxidant properties that improve the menstrual cycle and it’s a highly recommendable herb for women having PCOS.
Ginger: Ginger is used to controlling the period’s cycle and helps balance the hormonal changes among women. Adding ginger tea or juice to your daily routine might helps you with menstrual cramps and PCOS pain.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome requires timely treatment. Ayurveda is the best way to cure PCOS by knowing its root cause. So if you have any symptoms then please consult the Ayurveda practitioner as soon as possible for better treatment.