Packing your house items alone is the major task in the entire relocation process. A quality packing preparation includes neat cushioning, proper packing, and protection for your valuable items. While moving the items general damage may occur and do not worry about it. But you must plan your move before a month or at least three weeks before shifting.
You may face many difficulties if you are not hiring packers and movers but, you can also perform your relocation on your own without any difficulty by following these ideas:
Tips to Easily Pack Your Things
Prepare a Plan and Make a Checklist
Packing the household goods on your own can take more work and time, so plan beforehand to reduce your mental pressure.
- First, make a list of moving items which will make it easy to buy packing boxes.
- List down the fragile and valuable items that need special packing.
- Check if you need a carpenter or electrician to dismantle any furniture, or safely disconnect the air conditioner, light, antennae, or any other electronic equipment.
- Plan what size moving truck you would need for your shifting, based on the goods you own.
Arrange free packing supplies
Check for all the packing materials which are already in your home and buy other packing materials from the store.
- Note the number of carton boxes and other packing materials required.
- Choose strong carton boxes of different sizes and good quality packing materials to avert any damage or trouble while shifting.
- Save money by arranging boxes or cartons from your nearby grocery shops at low costs.
Use old clothes for padding
Instead of buying some packing peanuts and bubble wraps, use some of your used garments and bedsheets to give padding inside the boxes. You can even use your bedsheets or jackets to provide cushioning for all your delicate items.
How to start packing
- Pack goods that are rarely used or not important for your daily routine.
- Start Packing the things according to the rooms.
- Items you will be using should be packed at the end of your packing task.
- Take pictures, before dismantling some of your electronics, furniture, kitchen appliances, etc., to refer to later for any doubt.
Packing small items correctly
It is always easier to handle a few packages than several boxes. Hence, pack all the smaller items inside the larger one. But do not overpack any carton boxes as it would be heavier to lift or boxes can get broken by being overweight.
- Fragile things should be protected correctly using bubble wrap, packing paper, or tissue paper if required.
- Utilizing old newspapers would be a good choice to cover your fragile items, as it serves as a cushioning for delicate items.
- If available, pack the smaller kitchen items and other home devices with their original boxes or wrap and pack them neatly in suitable boxes & label them as fragile.
- Cover your glass and fragile items with socks and set them inside the box with your towels to provide cushioning for delicate items.
Packing large goods safely
Packing the heavier goods like refrigerator, furniture, dining table, washing machine, etc., could be the most challenging task for you. Wrap them using carton sheets, bubble wraps, and strong tape.
- Pack detachable parts in your furniture such as center tables or glass top showcase separately and put the bolts and nuts securely.
- Washing machines have to be packed wisely, place some clothes inside the drum to adjust the weight so that the drum of the washing machine will not move while shifting.
- Make sure a wardrobe is empty while moving.
- Leave your small things inside the drawer itself and do not forget to lock the drawers or seal using packing tape.
Packing clothes, curtains, and bedsheets
- Pack and store your folded clothes in strong cartons and seal them with packing tapes.
- Make sure you pack sofa covers, curtains, and bedspreads in a single carton box for easy unpacking.
- Fold your beds and carpets with a rope and bind them securely.
- Wrap your mattresses using cartons and plastic sheets and tape correctly.
- These items can be used as the cushion on the truck during shifting.
Pack your essentials bag without fail
At the time of moving and for a few days after moving, you would need some daily essentials such as soaps, toothbrushes, towels, toothpaste, changing clothes, disposable razors, toilet papers, nightwear, etc.
- Also, add some kitchen utilities like cups, pans, pots, plates, stirring utensils, plastic papers forks, bottle openers, washing sponge, lighter, etc.,
- Pack your important valuables, documents, Jewells, etc., separately.
- Pack these necessities in a separate box and mark it as ‘essentials box’ or ‘open first box’ and place them separately from packing goods.
- It would be good if you place this essentials bag in your car, as you can carry it with you while moving.
Even if you invest your time in the packing process, there are certain goods that cannot be handled by you. As packing is a difficult task and requires a lot of patience to relocate safely. To get out of all these Hire Professional packers and movers in Pune (or in your particular city) who can perform this job without any hassle. Packers and movers will perform relocation smartly without causing any damage to your goods.