Ever felt like you have ants in your bed that bite you each time you lie down? Have you ever experienced red spots on your body when you get up from the bed? Then you are suffering from the issue of bed bugs at your home. Scared? puzzled? Worried? No, you do not have to be as bed bugs can be easily taken worry of.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bedbugs are small insects that are found in your bed and tend to suck blood when you are asleep. bedbugs have flat bodies about an apple seed to the size. Bed bugs cannot fly but they crawl from one place to another and hide in the places where you cannot reach.
The most favorite place of bed bugs is the switchboards where they get inside the holes and hide there till the time you clean your room and come back to their place once the cleaning is done.
Signs To Check That Your House Is Infested With Bed Bugs
If you think that you are getting out of your bed with red patches on your skin then you might be having bugs in your bed. These bugs bite you when you lie down and suck your blood. Many warnings you have about bedbugs include:
- Stains of blood on the sheets or pillowcases
- Any itchy feel when you sit on your bed or lie down to relax and feel as if ants are biting you.
If you think that there is an infestation in your home then you must get your mattresses changed. One of the best ways to get rid of bed bugs is by getting the help of pest control professionals.
How To Treat Bed Bugs?
Let us look at how you can treat the bed bugs problem and get rid of it:
- The best way out is to place your belongings that you want to clean in hot water and let them stay there for some time. Place stuffed animals, socks, and other things that can not be washed in the dryer, and 30 minutes run on high.
- They use a firm brush to clean mattress seams before vacuuming, to remove bedbugs and their nests.
- Frequently clean your bed and surrounding room. Place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag directly after vacuuming. Put it in the garbage can be outdoors.
- Encase mattress and box springs with a tightly knit, zippered cover to prevent the entry or escape of bedbugs. Bedbugs can live up to one year without feeding, so keep the cover on your mattress for at least one year to ensure that all mattress bugs are gone.
- Repair plaster cracks and cement the peeling wallpaper down to get rid of areas where bedbugs can hide.
- Stay rid of the hoarseness around the bed.
Extermination Of Bed Bugs
Now that you are well aware of bed bugs and how you can treat the same, let us look at bed bugs’ extermination:
You might want to get rid of your old mattress but along with getting rid of the mattress, you must also clean your entire house. Since insecticides can be harmful to your bed and furniture, it’s important to use products that can be used safely in bedrooms.
- Should not handle the bedding and mattresses unless explicitly specified by the label that you can use them on bedding.
- In general, hiring an experienced pest control professionals for bedbug elimination is the best and most successful method.
- Enclosing your mattress and box springs in a plastic protective cover will prevent bed bugs from infesting your bed. Specially made for this purpose, there are plastic coverings; these would be more convenient than standard sheets or mattress covers.
- While you may already have a protective cover on your mattress, adding one of the springs to your box eliminates hiding places.
- Use the vacuum regularly, Carefully dispose of the vacuum contents in a plastic bag that you can seal, and then immediately remove it from the home.
- When you have bed bugs, the vacuum cleaner cannot be cleaned to spread.
Use Essential Oils And Feel The Difference
There are many fragrance choices to keep the bed bugs away, so you have to choose the one you want. In a small spray bottle filled with 1⁄4 cup of water, apply 6-10 drops of pure essential oil. Sprinkle your fragrant water in your house and on things you carry with you in public, such as your outerwear, handbags, totes, backpacks, and luggage
Essential oils will not only give you the privilege of getting rid of bed bugs but will also leave a great fragrance that offers you to enjoy a sound sleep. You can use peppermint oil or lavender oil, which is considered to leave a strong smell that is unbearable for the pests, and they leave your place or die.
Do not expect that you will see the bugs’ bodies as they are really small, but the difference can be felt with the ease of sleep that you will get.
This was a quick guide to understand bed bugs and how you can get rid of them. They are easy to eradicate. Still, if you do not feel the confidence, you can call the pest control professionals. They have a team of experienced people who will guide you and help you understand the tips you can follow and stay away from the infestation for a long time.