The recruiting process involves many methods in which the skills and competencies of candidates are analyzed to select the best fit for the organization. With changing times and technology, the recruiting process has also changed. Enterprises are finding it difficult to evaluate the skills and knowledge of candidates using age-old methods. This is resulting in hiring employees who are probably not suited for the job or for the organization.
The standard tests do not provide enough opportunities to ask the right questions. But with pre-employment assessment tools, enterprises can streamline their recruiting process and measure the capabilities, skills, and knowledge along with the personality traits and behavioral patterns of candidates.
The main aim of using these assessment tools is to bring about consistency in the recruiting process. Right from hard skills such as typing and data entry to soft skills like cognitive abilities and traits, the test tools can help in assessing any feature or ability of a candidate.
Any candidate who passes the screening and recruiting test should perform better at the job. But we see that this does not always happen. A good portion of candidates who get selected after multiple screenings tends to show a lesser performance once they become employees.
The reasons for this could be more than one. The primary reason would most likely be the screening methods used by enterprises. Every job requires a different skill-set and capabilities. To follow the same recruiting process for all job positions could give negative results.
For example, the requirements of a marketing/ sales job are different from that of an HR or an accounts assistant. Not just the qualifications but also the entire personality traits are expected to be different. So, the screening process and the questions used in the screening process should be different.
the Employment Assessment Test ensures that every candidate is assessed based on the requirements of the job. Various companies have started providing the assessment test tools to enterprises to effectively screen the candidates. Each job has a different test form which can be customized accordingly.
The virtual tests will help organizations in understanding candidates better, thereby, resulting in selecting the ones who are more suited to the job. At the same time, the organizations also will have to do some background work to ensure that they are clear about what they want and expect from the employees.
Without having a proper base, pre-employment tests will not be effective. Advisors from the companies do help in creating and customizing the test form. But the final decision is taken by the enterprise, and for that, it is essential that enterprises know exactly what the job demands.
A Pre Employment Assessment Test can be limited to a particular subject or it can include a wide array of questions from various assessments. If an enterprise does not want to conduct an individual test to assess the skills, personality, and behavior separately, the questions from all three can be included to create a single test form. These are usually known as job-based assessments as the questions included in the test are related to various aspects of the job.
- The assessments are open-ended and encourage the candidates to provide detailed answers rather than simply selecting an answer from the given options.
- Advanced simulations help in analyzing whether a candidate can perform all tasks related to the job. Roleplays, real-time scenarios, etc. are used to understand a candidate’s thought process.
- The tests are conducted virtually. Candidates are sent emails in advance with details about the test and are provided with a link to the test form.
- Each assessment test has a pre-fixed time duration. The test form will automatically be closed and saved after the said time.
- Candidates will be mailed a copy (though it is not compulsory) of their answers to the questions in the test form for references.
- The test forms will then be evaluated based on pre-defined parameters. The test system will generate a list of candidates who have cleared the test.
- This method reduces the risk of human error and eliminates the chances of favoritism in selecting the candidates.
- The test form can be integrated into the HR systems of an enterprise. This will allow the HR team to keep track of the process from a single system.
- Rather than focusing on the ‘pass or fail’, the test forms are aimed to find candidates who fit the job and the organization.
- Being able to easily fit into the work environment of an enterprise is as important as having the necessary skills for the job.
- Pre-employment assessments balance between the required skills and traits so that the selected candidates are suited for the job in all possible ways.
If an enterprise does not want to conduct an individual test to assess the skills, personality, and behavior separately, the questions from all three can be included to create a single test form. These are usually known as job-based assessments as the questions included in the test are related to various aspects of the job.