Nothing can deny that cloud-based services like Office 365 have become popular since they were introduced in the digital era. It is because of the services and facilities that they offer to users. So, to get the benefits users these facilities and services, users are migrating to the cloud-based service (Office 365). That is why the users search for a reliable way to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 cloud-based service. With this blog, we will deliver you the best knowledge about how to perform this migration task in a trouble-free manner. So, read the entire blog carefully for the best knowledge about the solutions to perform this migration task.
Advantages of choosing MS Office 365
- It is convenient for all users.
- Accessible from any device and anywhere.
- It also provides various new and advanced facilities.
- Cost-effective for all categories of users.
- Diversity in plans from individual users to large enterprises.
- No maintenance costs and no downtime issues.
Apart from this, there could be more factors that insist users to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 environment. These factors can be different for each user. Now discuss the solutions for the completion of this migration process.
Techniques to move from Exchange to Microsoft 365
Users can go with manually or professionally to complete this migration process. There are four manual methods available that you can use to proceed with the Exchange Server migration process. We elaborated all the manual methods below; check out to migrate Exchange 2016 to Office 365 efficiently.
- Cutover Migration: With the help of this method, users can easily move their Exchange on-premise mailboxes into Microsoft 365. Users can proceed up to 2000 mailboxes at a time with this method. This solution works for the Exchange Server 2003 and later versions.
- Staged Migration: It is also known as the Phased Migration, works for Exchange Server 2003 as well as 2007 to migrate mailboxes into Office 365. But this method is unable to migrate Exchange 2016 to Office 365 environment.
- Hybrid Migration: This migration method does work for all hybrid environments. It allows users to perform the migration task for Exchange Server 2010 and above versions. To work with this method, users must install the Azure AD connect.
- IMAP Migration: The IMAP Migration only migrates the Exchange emails into Microsoft 365. While processing to migrate Exchange 2016 to Office 365, it is unable to migrate the calendars and contacts. It only proceeds with the emails to perform this migration task.
What difficulties do users face while working with manual methods?
- Manual methods consume too much time and have a lengthy process.
- The migration task is very complex for novice users.
- Users should be technical experts to understand the working of manual methods.
- The manual methods cannot proceed with the large mailboxes to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 environment.
- The chances of data corruption are always high with manual methods.
Besides these difficulties, these methods can also lead the other issues for the users while performing the migration process. No one wants to take the risk of their data, so for that users can eliminate these difficulties by choosing a powerful solution to accomplish the migration process.
Shoviv Professional Software to Migrate Exchange Data
Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration Tool has introduced advanced and new features to process the Exchange migration. This software works smoothly, which makes it easily understandable to all users. Even its working process is straightforward, and anyone can proceed with this software to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365. It offers features like a filter option, preview facility, search criteria and many more. Let us discuss more features of this software.
- Users can easily select Exchange mailboxes of any size as it has no size limitations.
- The folder hierarchy and meta properties of the data remain the same even after completing the migration.
- Moreover, this tool has a simple user interface that makes it easy for users to migrate Exchange 2016 to Office 365 environment.
- Along with the migration, this software also recovers corrupted or inaccessible EDB files without compromising a single item.
- It has the capability of migrating the various Exchange mailboxes at the same speed.
- Users also use the PST, RTF, vCal and other file formats to convert EDB files.
- Using this tool, users also migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 mailboxes without any difficulty.
- This software also allows users to take a preview of added items before processing the migration task of Exchange data.
- Users can easily filter the desired items on the message class or date-wise criteria.
- At the end of the process, this tool also generates a report of the entire that helps users to keep a record of the whole process.
How to use Shoviv software to migrate Exchange data?
Step 1: Install the Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration Tool.exe and open it.
Step 2: Go to the Add source option and choose Exchange Server mailboxes.
- Click Next after entering all required details.
Step 3: Select Office 365 option from the ribbon bar.
Step 4: Check or uncheck the subfolders list and click on the Next button.
Step 5: Fetch all mailboxes from Office 365 using Outlook profile. Then, click Next.
Step 6: Include or exclude needed items using the date and class filter-wise criteria. Tap on the Next.
Step 7: The process to export the Exchange mailboxes into Office will begin.
Step 8: Tap the Save report button to keep the entire process report in your local system. Then, click Finish.
Shoviv also provides a free demo version of this software which users can download to take exposure to its features. This free demo version has the capability of processing the first 50 items per folder, which helps users to learn deeply about its working.