To keep all their data safe, users must take a backup of their data (Office 365). Taking Office 365 data backup is challenging for some users. There is no inbuilt option available in Microsoft 365 to backup Office 365 emails in a drive. The users are responsible for backing up the entire mailbox, and users must rely on a trustworthy tool. If you are here to look for a better tool, you have landed on the correct page. Read the article till the end to get complete knowledge about the software.
Reasons why users should backup their Office 365 mailboxes
Are you worried about losing your important data but need to know the reason behind it? So, here we are to discuss it with all the users.
- Office 365 is a cloud-based service, as everyone knows it, and all the data of office 365 is generally accessible, so there are chances of getting your data hacked.
- There can be a scenario of an outage; in that case, it is difficult for the users to retrieve their data, so it is better to backup Office 365 emails.
- If there is any accidental deletion of the data and to overcome the user should have backup of their data.
What are the ways to backup MS Office 365 emails?
Two ways to perform this backup process include a manual method and a professional third-party Tool. We will be sharing both processes so users can easily understand both solutions.
eDiscovery method to take backup of Microsoft 365 data
The eDiscovery or manual method is a technical method that requires technical hands. To make it easy for the user here, we have come up with the complete solution; follow the below steps and proceed with backup Office 365 emails with the manual method.
- Log in to your Office 365 account, open the admin center, and tap on the security option.
- Now click the Permission option and select the eDiscovery Manager from the list.
- The new window will open on the new page, and you are supposed to tap on the Edit option.
- Now select the eDiscovery administration and strike on the Save option.
- After that, visit the Search option and tap on the Content Search bar and click on the new search option.
- Enter the new name and description on the search option and click Next.
- Post that in the location window, users have to select the location or search the mailbox they want to backup and later on tap on the Next option.
- Then, select the keyword and apply conditions, and hit the Next option.
- Review the search setting and click on the Submit button.
- Open the search list and tap on the Action option.
- Now choose your output option by clicking the Export Result option and then the Export option.
- Afterward, go to the Export option, select the last export, and then hit the download result option.
- After that, copy the Export Key and paste it into the eDiscovery Tool, which will open on a new page.
- Thereafter, to save the PST file, you should browse the location and tap on the Start option, and the Tool will start the process to backup Office 365 emails.
Uses of Shoviv Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool
As users search for the Tool to proceed with the backup process, we urge users to choose the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool for an effortless procedure. Users might be concerned about the Tool’s working and features. So here we are sharing some of the fantastic features of the software.
- The software effortlessly takes the backup of the data into a PST file.
- It has a user-friendly interface that allows all users to backup Office 365 emails. Users can also select multiple mailboxes at a time, as it will not affect the speed of the process.
- The Tool is user-centric and can access the PST file of any Outlook version. Apart from PST files, it also backups the data in various other formats – MSG, MHT, MBOX, HTML, and EML.
- There is also a filter option to avoid unwanted data while backing up.
- Users can also schedule a backup of Office 365 emails into PST format periodically.
Steps to backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes using a third-party tool
- Install the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore software, click the Connect Office 365 option, and create a project.
- Now on the new page, enter the requisite details in the dialog box and tap the Connect option.
- Tap on the (+) tab, create a name for a backup directory, and hit the Browse option.
- Create a new backup job and give a new name to the new backup job and then tap on the Next option.
- On the new page, you should select the mailbox you want to take a backup of and click the Next option. Now on the new page, there will be three filter options- date range, folder filter, and Message class, tap on the filter option you require.
- Now the setting page will open, set the backup thread count and network failure, and split the PST file.
- After you have selected the options, then tap on the Next option.
- Now on the next window, users have to tap on the scheduler option and schedule the backup process as per the daily, monthly, weekly, or once requirements.
- Now on the next page, users can check out the status of the created job and then tap on the Finish option.
- In the end, the full report of the entire process will appear, so go through the information mentioned in it.