Here we will discuss the process of backing up emails on Windows. There are two methods with free and automatic solutions to export emails.
There are many IMAP email services like Yahoo, Gmail, Yandex, Rackspace, and many more that are used by so many organizations to communicate. Their servers are very common to access email messages anywhere and anytime. However, access is via a strong internet connection.
There are many solutions for accessing your email on an email server, including IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol). POP (Post Office Protocol) and SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) emails. IMAP helps you access your email on any device. Without downloading the emails from the server, just connect your email client to the server, just connect your email client to the server and use it.
Reason To Save IMAP Email To An External Hard Drive
- Data is stored on the IMAP email server, and in the event of an internet connection failure, clients need to download the documents to access them.
- If a user wants to switch from one email client application to another, he needs to keep a backup of IMAP email data.
How To Send IMAP Email To An External Hard Drive?
You can use Outlook’s inbuilt option to send IMAP email to an external hard drive. If you are familiar with Outlook, configure an IMAP account with Outlook then export the complete mailbox as a PST file format. You can opt for this solution, after seeing its drawbacks.
- Open Outlook and click on the file menu.
- Now click on Open and then click on Import and Export option.
- The Import and Export Wizard will appear on the screen, select Export to a file and then tap the Next button.
- Before clicking Next again, select Outlook Data File.
- Select the mailbox folder that you want to send.
- Then connect the external hard drive property, select the destination, and click Finish.
Now relax after you finish the process properly you will get exported files to your external hard drive.
Drawbacks of Using Manual Solution
- There is a risk of file corruption or data loss during the process.
- All mailbox data will be lost by skipping steps.
- A technical expert is required to operate this solution.
- Outlook installation then the configuration is required
You may opt for a manual solution at your own risk. To overcome the challenges of the manual solution, we recommend you opt for the automated software that we have mentioned in the next section.
How To Export IMAP Email To An External Hard Drive?
Corbett IMAP Backup Tool is a powerful tool to perform this solution quickly. This software is designed for technical or non-technical people who can easily operate this tool. It provides accurate results as per the user’s requirements. No software can match this software’s performance. So, you can choose this solution to export unlimited emails without facing any difficulties or errors.
- Download and launch the IMAP Backup Tool on your system.
- Configure email accounts with this software.
- Select the mailbox folder that you want to export.
- Here, select the file format in the list of export options.
- Set the location of the resulting file and click Save to get the exported file immediately.
Major Benefits Of Using Automated Software
- You can migrate IMAP to Office 365, Thunderbird, etc. with the same software.
- With this software, you can export IMAP emails to EML, PST, MBOX, PDF, and many more file formats.
- It offers the possibility to select a file or folder at will.
- This tool also provides an option to select emails by date range, subject, to/received, etc.
- You can backup all emails with all attributes.
On this page, we have explained the process of sending an IMAP email to an external hard drive. We have mentioned both manual and automated solutions. You can opt for any of them to your satisfaction. Manual solutions are free, but not risk-free. So, we recommend you opt for automated software to perform this solution quickly without encountering any errors during the process. This software is a standalone application. There is no need to install any other application to run this solution.