A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering comes with a lot of career scopes and opportunities. Before applying to a computer application engineering college in Nagpur, you must read this piece of information to know all about the various available streams under the bachelor’s degree of computer science and what are the scopes and future opportunities under this profile.
Before getting started let us know What Computer Engineering is?
- Computer engineering is a field or course of engineering that engages the knowledge of the development and evolvement of computer hardware and software.
- It focuses on software development, hardware and software integration, software and hardware design, and electronic management of the systems of computers.
- To get the bachelor’s degree it will take you 3 to 4 years. Although it will take 2 years to complete the post-graduation degree.
- Just like that, a PG diploma course takes approx 6 months to 1 year to complete, depending upon the type of course.
Types of Computer Application Courses and Their Eligibility Criteria
- Certificate in Computer Applications: CCA or Certificate in Computer Applications is a 6-month course. And the eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have completed their 8th class. This course will be a one-semester period.
- Diploma in Computer Applications: DCA or Diploma in Computer Applications is a one-year course. And the eligibility criteria is that the candidate applying for this course must have completed their education of class 12th from a PCM stream. This is a two-semester course.
- Advance Diploma in Computer Applications: ADCA or Advance Diploma in Computer Applications is a two-year course. The eligibility criteria for this course are that the candidate must have completed their education in class 12th from the PCM stream.
- Bachelor in Computer Applications: BCA or Bachelor in Computer Applications is a three-year course in computer stream. The eligibility criteria are that the candidate must have completed their 12 with at least 60% marks in the PCM stream. This degree provides a graduation certificate to the candidate upon the completion of three years. This degree aims and focuses on the crucial knowledge, skills, techniques, and tools that are required in the sector of computer applications, and computer science.
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Computer Applications: BVoc or Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Computer Application is a three-year undergraduate degree course.
Bachelor of vocational studies is a skill-oriented degree course introduced by the government in order to gain important knowledge on the practical application and stand on the industrial norms of the industrial demands. You can enroll in this degree at any Vocational College in Nagpur.
Skills Required for Pursuing Computer Applications Courses
There are certain skills that must be developed in order to enroll in the course of computer applications. The important ones are:
- Decision-making skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Programming and coding skills
- Basic knowledge of using spreadsheets and databases
- Basic knowledge of using computer tools
- Interest in technical things and technologies
Scope and Career Opportunities
In this modern era, there is vital and rapid growth in the technology and IT sector, and so has the scope and career opportunities in the field. Furthermore, in the last previous years, there are numerous career opportunities that have come into the spotlight.
Private firms, white labeling companies, software companies, and many more including government organizations, media and entertainment, and advertising sectors are in need of those candidates who have completed their degrees in computer applications. Therefore, it is very important that you enroll in a reputed computer application engineering college in Nagpur, or anywhere else of your choice.
Trending and Popular Job Opportunities are:
- Data Scientist: Data scientists are in much demand recently. Their main job is to use the essential knowledge and work skills in computer science, statistics and math to check the latest social and economic trends.
- System Analyst: A system analyst has the job to optimize the system and troubleshoot any threats. Their work is to suggest improvements and new technologies to help the business grow.
- Software Developer: The job of a software developer is to develop and design the software of the systems and the other programs of the system. They are in high demand in IT companies, in order to their existing software applications and also eliminate bugs and other cyber threats.
- IT Consultant: The job of an IT consultant is that they counsel the staff members, analyze the information of the association, decide the data framework, and many more.
In this post, we came across everything that you needed to know about Computer Applications and their courses. If you dont want to do proper engineering in this stream, you can also enroll in a vocational college in Nagpur, or anywhere else of your choice, for pursuing a vocational degree that will help you in gaining practical knowledge as per the industrial norms.